Sunday, July 3, 2011

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

That's all I'm doing lately. I have to wait for my documents to come back from the State Department, to wait for city assignment (Abu Dhabi or Al Ain?), wait for my e-ticket. All this waiting makes me nervous for what can go wrong. This great adventure is just on the horizon, and so until I leave in August, anxiety just hovers.

In the meantime, let's talk yarn.

I have a never-ending love of nice yarn. Wool, silk, alpaca, I love them all. I indulged in a subscription to Madelinetosh's Sweater Club AND Yarn Club, which pretty much meant I have been on a yarn diet otherwise. Of course, like real diets, they're made to be cheated on...which leads me to my dilemma. I have a great LYS, , which due to unforeseen circumstances had to be temporarily closed. If I buy yarn elsewhere, I feel terrible, but I can't stop myself! So far, I've got 5 skeins of Tosh Merino Light in assorted colors, and plan to get more before I leave. (I'm actually using one of my bags for my knitting accessories and part of my stash)

I did manage to knit into my stash, though. I'm using Bugga! by the Sanguine Gryphon for a pair of socks, as well as a Clockwork shawl/scarf thingy.

It's gloriously soft, squishy, and a dream to workup!

I just finished my first sweater (Tea Leaves Cardigan)in Tosh Merino DK(The Tea Leaves Cardigan), and love it!

More yarn pics to come (when I take some good shots!)

No comments:

Post a Comment