Wednesday, August 10, 2011

And away I go!

I'm leaving in less than 12 hours for the UAE. I'm so happy, and overjoyed that it's finally happening, although there is a slight bitter-sweet quality to my departure. I have some wonderful friends in my life, and I will miss them and my family dearly.

Last Saturday, my parents had a barbecue in my honor, with a few family friends in attendance. That was a blast -- although I had told my mother I didn't want any kind of party, but she sprung it on me, and it was worth it, and we sat and talked about life, teaching, and politics (in my father's company it's unavoidable).

Today, I got to spend a wonderful day with my mom, running the last few errands necessary to make the trip that much more bearable. Then I dropped by my favorite place in the world, The Yarn Garden. Yesterday, they had a bit of a farewell for me, with cake, and gifts. The most touching thing was when everyone went around the room and said something funny or memorable about me -- apparently, I am much more quirky than I had thought. I have some amazing friends.

I have a great life, and it can only get greater with this next stage in my life.  Clear blue skies ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment