Sunday, October 2, 2011

Living in Al Ain

Sorry I've been so silent! I keep meaning to blog, and then life and work overwhelm me. Besides, I've been pretty laid back. I've moved to the beautiful city of Al Ain, which is about a 1 1/2 from Abu Dhabi and the same from Dubai. Al Ain is called the Garden City, and rightfully so! It's green and lovely (I'll do a photo post this weekend) and charming. One of the unique things about Al Ain is it's roundabouts, which are numerous -- I've been told 746 total in the city, the most in the world! They are treacherous to navigate, but each one has a beautiful themed green space in the center, either a fountain, or statues, or a simple lawn with palm trees.

My apartment is lovely, a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath with a small balcony off the office/2nd bedroom. It's no where near furnished, though. I have my kitchen setup, and my bed, dresser, and two couches.

Once I'm finished I'll do a virtual tour!

My love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. We miss you at The Yarn Garden. I've never been on this blog, so just discovering all your adventures since you left.

    Are you coming home for Christmas? We were wondering the other day at the shop. Tina is driving up to Central Coast area today, to house sit. She will be gone for several days. I'm at the shop every day it's open, after work. I'll try to read the rest of your blogs to see what I've missed. Diane

    ReplyDelete