Sunday, November 11, 2012

One Year, One Month, and 9 days

That's how long it's been since I've even touched this blog. How embarrassing. I found that while I really wanted to use this format to keep in touch, I still prefer emails and phone calls. I feel that my expressions come across more clearly. However, when it comes to photos, only a blog will do!

I've really been lucky to be placed in Al Ain. It's a suburban town (albeit a 130km drive -- that's 80 miles to the US people), with all the amenities that a small city carries, while still rich in the Emirati culture in a way that perhaps Abu Dhabi and Dubai are disconnected from. You drive into Al Ain, surrounded by the uniquely rust-colored sand dunes, and enter into an oasis. Literally. That being said, the city that holds my heart is Dubai. The feeling there is electric and energetic, a cosmopolitan capital in the middle of the desert -- it feels like home crossed with New York. Which only makes sense in my head.

Here are a few photos of the UAE I've captured since I've last blogged.

Camels!
I actually have a song I sing under my breath when I see camels in a truck. It is entitled, "Camels in a Truck"
Camels being taken back from the racetrack


View of Al Ain from Jebel Hafeet 

Mercure Hotel -- Jebel Hafeet Al Ain

Mercure Hotel at Jebel Hafeet -- Al Ain

Sunset over the Date Palm Farms

The Al Ain-Dubai Road
 
The Mosque by my home at night


Camel Crossing

The Camels (and goats) that would be crossing by the roadside

Dubai Skyline (Under Construction)

No comments:

Post a Comment